pt

lina State that was their first ACC win in almost | Fórum

Local do Tópico: Início do Fórum » General » General Chat
LAM Feb 13
Sunday in Las Vegas saw No. http:///...lime-622270-015.html . 1 pick Ben Simmons?handle his first back-to-back games. Afterward, Denzel Valentine dubbed Simmons mini-LeBron.Heres what else was buzzing around the third day of Las Vegas Summer League:Vegas Summer League buzz: Day 2Vegas Summer League buzz: Day 1Michael Beasley: elder statesman?Michael Beasley is entering his ninth season in the NBA, but the former No. 2 pick is still taking part in summer league with the Rockets, after joining Houston for 20 regular-season games plus the playoffs last year. Now 27, Beasley said seeing guys who are 18 and 19 coming into the league makes him feel a bit old, and sometimes he finds himself in an unlikely mentorship role.Guys like Montrezl [Harrell], I see a lot of myself in him, Beasley said after not playing in Houstons second summer league game in Las Vegas. Loud, sometimes obnoxious, misunderstood guy, just a vibrant, fun player to be around. ... You live, you learn, you see young players, and I try to give them a little bit of what I learned and what Ive been through. -- Adam Reisinger, ESPNDunn comes ready-made?Fridays most interesting matchup was Kris Dunn vs. Emmanuel Mudiay. Since then, Ive been polling NBA personnel about who theyd rather have. So far the consensus favors Dunn because of his superior defense. One scout noted that everything he wants Mudiay to do, Dunn already does. That might be a function of age -- Dunn is almost exactly two years older -- but for now Dunn has the upper hand. -- Kevin Pelton, ESPN InsiderTraining day for DenzelAs Valentine spoke to reporters after the Bulls-Sixers game on Sunday night, Simmons walked past the small scrum with a little message.Denzel said he was scared of me out there, Simmons said with a bit of a smile. Valentine and the assorted media started chuckling. The two have gotten to know each other a little bit over time and the Michigan State alumnus certainly isnt afraid of the spotlight that comes with playing against the No. 1 pick.You got to have poise out there because youre going to be playing against great players every night, Valentine said. You cant get too high or get too low. Just kind of got to stay level through all the good and the bad. I feel like thats how you get better -- is consistency. So I just try to stay poised. -- Nick Friedell, ESPNTrusting the process from afarSimmons star-in-the-making potential has been the buzz of summer league, and although he may not have drafted him, Sam Hinkie is among those in attendance enjoying the atmosphere. Former GM Hinkie set upon an ambitious plan to tear down the Sixers and build a contender around a star from the draft.Hinkie stepped down just three months ago, but his labor looks to have borne fruit as Simmons dazzles in the desert. -- Andrew Han, ESPNAccelerated growth for Miamis youthMiamis Briante Weber on the impact of Dwyane Wades departure on the Heats Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson: Us young guys, we are trying to learn as much as we can from the legends like D-Wade and [Chris Bosh]. Just by him leaving, it took a lot out of us just because we dont really know what to expect. Ive only played 10 games in the NBA, JRich has played about 80 and Justise played the whole season, but we really only have about two years combined under us. With D-Wade leaving, we lost like 13 years of experience which we were trying to use and piggyback off. It looks like we are going to have to grow up faster than we thought. -- Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN http:///...c-silver-a03013.html . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http:///...o-low-white-red.html . PAUL, Minn. http:///...on-fiber-a01014.html . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. BOSTON -- Forearm cramps and finger numbness threatened to do what Boston Colleges defense couldnt: derail Lamar Jacksons Heisman Trophy run.The Louisville quarterback left the game late in the second quarter after opening a five-touchdown lead, then he returned in the third quarter to run for another two touchdowns and lead the fifth-ranked Cardinals to a 52-7 victory over BC on Saturday.I think he should be good, coach Bobby Petrino said after the Heisman favorite accounted for seven touchdowns -- three running, four throwing -- to give him 45 for the year. He looked pretty good in the second half.Jackson ran for a 69-yard score on the games third play and added rushing TDs of 13 and 53 yards in the second half. The Heisman favorite also threw for TDs from 30, 44 and 10 yards out on drives of five, four and one play to give the Cardinals a 28-0 lead just two snaps into the second quarter.THE TAKEAWAYLOUISVILLE: Petrino talked to his team (8-1, 6-1 Atlantic Coast Conference No. 7 CFP) after the first College Football Playoff rankings came out on Tuesday and told them they couldnt afford a repeat of last weeks 32-25 victory over rebuilding Virginia. Louisvilles only loss was to No. 2 Clemson.They said something about it before the game, said receiver Jaylen Smith, who had six catches for 123 yards and a touchdown. They said something about it almost every day this week in practice. So they made it known.The Cardinals should move up after Texas A&M (No. 7 AP, No. 4 CFP) lost to Mississippi State. Linebacker Stacy Thomas broke into a wide smile when he was informed of the result during his postgame media availability.Said Jackson: We fought all year and people still dont give us credit for it, for performing the way we do.BOSTON COLLEGE: Its one thing to beat North Carolina State like the Eagles did to snap an almost two-year ACC losing streak. But BC was reminded how far it has to go before it can be competitive among the top-tierr teams in the conference. http:///...te-green-a01013.html. SITTING DOWNJackson threw an interception with about five minutes left in the first half, then left with an arm problem. He sat out the last two possessions of the second quarter.I knew it going in before he threw the interception, but I didnt know thats what was causing it, Petrino said. He just said, `Something is wrong with my fingers.Jackson received intravenous fluids at halftime and returned at the start of the third quarter. He lost the ball while scrambling on the first possession, but then he led the Cardinals on an eight-play, 77-yard drive that he finished with a 13-yard TD run.PROLIFICJackson ran 15 times for 185 yards to become the first quarterback in school history to run for more than 1,000 yards in a season. He completed 12 of 17 passes for 231 yards.It was the third time this season he has accounted for seven or more touchdowns. No other player in FBS has done it more than once.LONELY HIGHLIGHTSTyler Rouse scored from 39 yards out on a screen pass from Patrick Towles to give Boston College (4-5, 1-5) its only score. The Eagles were coming off a victory over North Carolina State that was their first ACC win in almost two years.(Louisville) is one of the top three talented teams in America. That quarterback is electric, BC coach Steve Addazio said. When you play a great football team, you cant have self-inflicted mistakes like we had.UP NEXTLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals return home to play Wake Forest before a Thursday night matchup at Houston.BOSTON COLLEGE: Heads to Florida State on Friday night. The Eagles have lost six in a row to the Seminoles despite playing them tightly in the past three seasons, including Florida States 2013 national championship season.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '